Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Finale'

And again - I've been remiss at blogging.  It's amazing how one that enjoys writing manages to convince oneself NOT to write.  Maybe I'm afraid of censor by my peers?  Nope, just too busy and too lazy!  But this year I made a few 'creative' resolutions - including these:
  • Complete a sewing (machine) project every 2-3 months
  • Complete an embroidery project that I've been working on for two years
  • Research avenues to market/sell my projects
But, more about those resolutions later.  As a part of those resolutions I promised to blog more.  About sewing.  And creating.  And my travels - and just life in general.  However, all of these lofty goals were inspired by one event alone....

I finished it.

What's that?  I finished it.  I completed a project that I've been working on for over a year.  It was a big one too - not only one that I made a custom pattern for, but also designed especially for a friend.  It was a big project, but also challenging and rewarding because I made unique.  And I finished it.  The best part?  She loved her apron!  The smile when she saw it was worth all the hard work and sweat.

Details you ask?!?  I made the apron from a light upholstery fabric for durability and sturdiness.  I extended the length of the apron at Linden's request and the length of the straps.  It also has a towel ring and pen holder, especially for Linden.  I also added a hidden 'cell phone pocket' because I always get flour on mine when I cook.  It was a hit, but more importantly gave me a sense of accomplishment and motivation that will hopefully carry me throughout the year.  I'm once again excited about sewing, creating, and sharing it with y'all.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What I'm Reading:  Catherine The Great by Robert K. Massie and The Mill River Recluse by Darcie Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your two-cents!